Talk

Advanced search

Kitten neutering advice.

(5 Posts)
Mummy2aRockstar Mon 03-Dec-18 10:27:59

My 5 month old kitten is being neutered on Wednesday and I am setting him up a recuperation spot away from his sister, with a box lined with his favourite blanket, a litter tray food and water next to it.
I don't want dust and granulates to get in his incision from the current cat litter so what would be best to put in his tray?
Also do I need to buy a heat pad? Our house is warm but not overally if that makes sense.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 03-Dec-18 16:17:33

Regular cat litter is fine.
Warm, but not overly hot.
Light meal that evening and he should be back to normal the next day.

Dollymixture22 Fri 07-Dec-18 22:03:58

I set up a recovery area when my kitten was spayed. A vet bed pad, a heat pad and lots of blankets. Changes the litter to shredded paper and prepared warmed kitten milk. She rejected it all and just Carrie don as normal!

Ungrateful

Hungrypuffin Fri 07-Dec-18 22:54:10

You’ll be surprised how perky he is. Male kittens don’t even usually have stitches, the incisions are so small. All of my boys were bouncing around as soon as they were home, despite my efforts to keep them confined to one room...females have more major surgery obviously but boys don’t even seem to notice anything has happened!

MrsBlondie Fri 07-Dec-18 22:55:22

My boy kitten was neutered 2 weeks ago. I didnt give any speacial treatment! He was fine by the next day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: