Talk

Advanced search

What do you do with used car litter

(8 Posts)
laceygo Tue 25-Sep-18 18:43:54

We have 2 cats that are locked in overnight and use a litter tray . We've been putting it in the black (normal) bin but 3 week collections and u can imagine the smell confused and there's talk of us eventually having 4 week collections .
What do others do with it ?

laceygo Tue 25-Sep-18 18:44:18

Cat not car obvs

LuckyKitty13 Tue 25-Sep-18 18:54:47

We use compostable/flushable cat litter, but we either compost or put in the bin. It doesn't smell like 'normal' litter because of what it's made from. You only have to empty the tray fully every 6 weeks (one cat inside all the time), just scoop the wee and pop as often as you want (we scoop wee once or twice a day, and poos as soon as we see them). It's called Oko Plus if you want to have a look. Poo goes down the loo!

Strawberrytraveller Fri 19-Oct-18 11:32:24

we use a compostable flushable litter also. Scoop out wee and poos (the litter makes it form into 'pee balls' so easy to scoop out each day. They get flushed down the toilet. Then the remaining 'clean' litter getting added to the compost bin in the garden. We empty it maybe once per month. we use Oko also as mentioned above, from zooplus

toomuchhappyland Sat 20-Oct-18 22:41:00

Yep we have flushable litter here too. Makes life so much easier.

Dollymixture22 Mon 22-Oct-18 21:51:56

I don’t flush cat litter - I have read even the flushable stuff can cause blockage and allows parasites to enter the water system.

Not sure if that’s true - but I don’t flush just in case.

I use a naturally scented clumping litter - and the smell in the outside bin is nowhere near as strong as it was when I used non clumping litter. Hat was horrendous,

makingmammaries Mon 26-Nov-18 20:50:57

It’s great for filling holes in the lawn.

QuestionableMouse Sun 23-Dec-18 01:16:57

Mine is tied tightly in biodegradable bags and goes in the general waste bin. There's no smell.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »