Talk

Advanced search

Name change?

(8 Posts)
Worriernumberone Sat 13-Jan-18 07:46:48

We’re getting a pup today. She’s 12 weeks old and is coming from someone who got her from the breeder and is now unable to keep her.
Her name is not to our taste at all...
the lady who were getting her from is utterly heartbroken and has cried every time I’ve spoken to her, so I haven’t mentioned the name change. I’ve said she can come and visit us any time so if we do change the name, she’s going to know.
Wwyd? Would you change it? The pup is still young so I doubt she’ll know her own name yet...

TheQueenOfWands Sat 13-Jan-18 07:49:05

Of course I'd change it!

But don't let her visit. There was an MNer who took on a dog and the previous owners turned into psycho stalkers and wouldn't leave her alone.

Worriernumberone Sat 13-Jan-18 08:14:10

Haha. Bet that was fun! Luckily she lives a couple of hours away so shouldn’t be too much of a problem. And we’re moving house soon so if it gets out of hand, i just won’t tell her!

Whisper23 Sat 13-Jan-18 08:25:07

Our dog was 20 months old when we got him (rescue). We weren't keen on his name so we changed it. Didn't cause any issues, he got used to his new name within a few days.

I agree with TheQueenOfWands...don't let her visit. I've kept in touch with my dog's previous owner but only via FB. She doesn't know our address.

Worriernumberone Sat 13-Jan-18 10:40:00

She’s coming to our house to drop her off and see how the pup gets on with our dog

pastabakewithcheese Sat 13-Jan-18 10:41:55

Oh I did this, but it was a kitten I got off a friend who didn't tell me the name so we made up our own name then she came over once and called it the name she'd picked blush this is after I've been calling her my chosen name in front of said friend! Don't think she minded though

Whisper23 Sat 13-Jan-18 12:20:51

Can we see a pic later OP?

Toddlerteaplease Sat 13-Jan-18 22:44:33

I got my cats when they were five. I wasn't over keen on their names. But decided that they probably knew them, so left them. Found out a couple of moths ago. That they never had names until they were given them by the rescue. Broke my heart for them, and made me so angry with the evil woman that used them As kitten machines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now