Talk

Advanced search

Best food for a cat with no teeth

(6 Posts)
CrestedTit Wed 27-Dec-17 08:36:40

I'm looking after a 10 year old ragdoll with only 1 tooth sad. She's fed on Purina senior (3 sachets a day) however she mostly only eats the gravy - she will sometimes eat the meat chunks but I can only assume this is difficult for her due to how often she leaves them and the fact that she is quite skinny. I had a look in the internet which seems to suggest toothless cats can eat normal food but tbh I'm not convinced about this brand (maybe the meat is particularly tough?). Are there any other brands that anyone can suggest which would be better? N.b. I'm not just going to swap her food myself but will pass on any suggestions to the owner. Thanks.

CheapSausagesAndSpam Wed 27-Dec-17 08:39:45

Could you get a mini blender for her food? Bless her...I suppose if it's minced up, she'll still get the benefit of the meat.

CrestedTit Wed 27-Dec-17 08:44:21

Well the owner does have a nutri bullet - I suppose that is one option..

ifonly4 Fri 26-Jan-18 08:10:12

If you're looking after the cat temporarily, I'd check with the owners before changing diet. My girl had three teeth out earlier in the year (she'd already lost one small one naturally and another never grew). She finds it harder to pick up and pushes food to the edge. I have to keep going back to put it in the middle which seems to be easier for her, she even demands I do it now!

Vitalogy Fri 26-Jan-18 08:14:06

Out toothless cat can manage his biscuits. He does have a habit of licking the gravy off if it's time for a brand change though.

TropicPlunder Sun 11-Feb-18 13:45:58

This was about 10 years ago but I used to buy food for a toothless cat from pets at home. It was a blended mousse texture, in a short tin. Can't remember the brand, but it existed once! Maybe check the shelves if you have a pets at home handy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: