Talk

Advanced search

Need advice on neighbour and his derogatory comments

(6 Posts)
grimes85 Tue 05-Dec-17 13:41:09

Hi everyone

Some background information first

Where I stay we have a shared garden with another flat however there is a fence that separates the garden (it was blown down due to some really bad weather) and there is 3 dog owners in our flat and none (as far as I am aware) in the other. Me and the other two dog owners all take our dogs down to the garden at about 4/5pm to play and it has been this way for about 5 years and if the dogs do the toilet we ALWAYS pick up.

Now for the issue at hand.

Me and the other 2 neighbours dogs were playing and one ran over the fence and started doing the toilet before we could drag him back over, we picked it up straight away and pulled him on to our side. Five minutes later while we were on our side a neighbour (who just moved in) opened his window shouting abuse at my neighbour. She apologised for the dog running over there but she held up the bag with dog poo in it and said that she picked up the poo and it was only because of the fence was down and apologised, however he then continued to be abusive and when me and the third dog owner asked him could he please speak in a civil tone he then started making derogatory comments towards us.

My question is do me and the neighbours have any viable ground to report him for the comments?.

rcit Tue 05-Dec-17 13:46:44

Were the commments racist or homophobic?

Because otherwise as far as I am aware, calling someone a fucking cunt or similar when their dog craps on your garden is not any sort of crime.

Picking up the dog poo doesn't excuse this imo. It rarely comes up cleanly. You need to have control of your dog. If the fence is down, have the dog on a lead.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Tue 05-Dec-17 13:49:55

Who is responsible for the fence? It needs fixed. Ignore any comments from him. Keep your dogs on long leads whilst in the garden until fence is fixed.

grimes85 Tue 05-Dec-17 13:55:06

The comments were of a racist tone to my neighbour yes (not to me). My neighbour did say sorry and it would not happen again however I feel that he should have left it at that instead of making comments.

PilarTernera Tue 05-Dec-17 14:03:11

Of course he should have accepted the apology and not made nasty commments, but he is clearly not a nice person. My advice would be to ignore and avoid him.

If he makes any direct or indirect threats of violence, then that would be a crime that should be reported to police.

Tedster77 Tue 05-Dec-17 14:08:23

There are some crazy arse nasty people out there and he’s one of them. I’d get the fence fixed and move on.

I have a large female dog and female dogs - obviously - sit down to pee. I once had a man across the park scream at me to ‘pick up the dogs shit you lazy bitch’ confused when my dog did a wee and a couple of months later a similar thing happened on a grass verge with another ‘angry man’.

Life is too short to get stressed about people who are that wound up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now