Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours cats poo all over my garden...

(6 Posts)
FRANSINA Mon 04-Dec-17 22:14:39

Well actually, its my mums garden but my girls play in it often. She's tried everything from water pistols to pheremones to pepper but nothing works. She picked up 15 little kitty poos this morning - shes so fed up as her garden is very small but its also her pride and joy. They poo in her pots, on the patio, in the boarders...its disgusting and it just stinks. We have mentioned it to the neighbours but they just say sorry but 'cats will be cats'. Would it be unreasonable to chuck it back over the fence?! Totally at a loss as to what to do. Any (legal!) suggestions welcomed!

PasstheStarmix Mon 04-Dec-17 22:25:18

Oh no I hate it when we get it in our garden too and cat poo is disgusting and really dangerous for kids especially. I've thrown next doors back over fence as it's their mess not mine. Can you imagine if dogs did that. Cats get away with far too much. As long as within the law of take what ever necessary measures to keep them out.

PasstheStarmix Mon 04-Dec-17 22:25:43

I'd

PasstheStarmix Mon 04-Dec-17 22:29:36

I've tried every repellent, smell they dislike, things to frighten them you name it and none of it worked. The only thing that worked for me was to spray the cat lightly with a water gun (not a super soaker as wouldn't wish to give the cat too much of a shock and wouldn't wish to soak the cat or anything as that's cruel but just a super light spray that mostly missed the cat.) This worked for me. Cats are very social creatures so you have to give them a signal that they're not wanted in your garden and the cat in question won't be back again.

leftwiththedognow Mon 04-Dec-17 22:31:42

I used to grow a lot of veg in my garden in a lovely raised bed setup. Every day I used to pic cat shit up and ended up with hoops and debris netting. Nice view from the kitchen window [hmmm]

I had the same 'cats will be cats' response. I replied, 'Well, my [boxer] dogs will be dogs, I wont be held responsible if they come into my garden and I'm not around'
They moved not long after.

To add - other neighbours complained and my dogs would have played with the sodding things.

Simmy10 Tue 05-Dec-17 00:16:45

Hi. Have you tried cat scarers? I had a similar problem with cat coming and pooing in the garden. We ended up buying pest bye cat repellers from Amazon and they seem to be keeping the cats away. We also bought a gun shaped cat scarer which you point at the cat and press the button and it emits a sound they don't like. The first time we used it, OH had to go quite up close to the cat for it to be effective. The second time the cat just saw him with it and it ran off! Also available from Amazon. ( I don't work for Amazon..lol...just thought I would mention where I purchased it from in case you wanted to have a look)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now