Talk

Advanced search

Kitten won’t eat

(4 Posts)
Julieelizabeth5 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:57:40

I’ve had my kitten for 4 weeks now, he’s 10 weeks old, when I first had him I fed him usual kitten food and he really enjoyed it, last week he started throwing up when eating certain flavours of the food, so I went out and brought him some new food to try (he always tries to eat my partners fish so I brought him a variety of whiskas fish), he was fine on this for a couple of days and now he just completely won’t eat... He’s still playing, he’s constantly drinking water, he’s using the litter tray fine, is he not very well or is he just not enjoying his food?

dementedpixie Sat 11-Nov-17 14:29:25

does he eat any dry food? If he didn't eat something soon I'd see a vet

Acrosstheuniverse123 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:41:01

I would try him on good quality dry food for kittens . He was too young to leave his mother at 6 weeks, no kitten should leave their mothers until they are at least 8 weeks and preferably 9 weeks. I would take him to the vets if he doesn't eat soon. Has he had his vaccinations, been wormed and flea treated?

deepestdarkestperu Sun 12-Nov-17 22:06:10

Ignoring the fact that six weeks is way too young for him to have left his mother, what are you feeding him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now