Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I give my dog up

(3 Posts)
Bev732 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:17:28

The other day my daughter was eat a cake at the kitchen side whilst the dog looked on. My other daughter came up behind and stroked the dog and he turned and bit her on the side of her had. He drew blood and her hand did swell, she needed antibiotics. My husband has said that we need to get rid of him cause he does not trust him now. (He is a Shar pei) I feel sick at the thought and the children are devastated we have had he for 5 years now. Any advise.

Beamur Thu 09-Nov-17 14:22:22

If this is the first and only negative experience with your dog in 5 years then it would be an over reaction to get rid of the dog. I can understand this would leave you shaken, but it sounds to me as if this situation could be easily avoided again, especially if you got some good advice from an expert.

mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Fri 10-Nov-17 13:41:03

Try putting this on "in the doghouse" thread for more responses

I wouldn't get rid of him on the strength of that one incident. I'd get some help from a behaviourist, who might be able to explain why he did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now