Talk

Advanced search

Saved a kitten

(9 Posts)
Julieelizabeth5 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:39:13

So yesterday I saved a 12 week old kitten from the wild, he was very scruffy and Ferrell, I bathed him, wormed him and cleaned him all up, but as you could imagine he was very scared, so as soon as I brung him home and let him get used to his surroundings he hid behind the couch for about 6 hours, I left him there, but wanted him to eat as he is super skinny so took him out from under the couch, gave him loads of fuss and put him by his food bowl where he avoided the food and just drank the water, he cried a lot all of yesterday but I kept talking to him so I guess that got him used to my voice, today I woke up to him crying again so I got up and went into him, and he has come up to me for fuss and love after me sitting and talking to him for an hour, so basically my question is, he keeps coming up to my face and rubbing his nose on my cheek and lips, a climbing around my face rubbing his back on me etc, I’ve never had a kitten do this with me before as he did it for about half an hour until he went off and had some food and water, was this his way of thanking me? Also any more advice on how to help this baby is welcome as I haven’t brought up a new kitten before, he is still quite jumpy at noises but after a day he is so much better

Julieelizabeth5 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:41:10

I have also fleed him too!

scurryfunge Tue 24-Oct-17 08:43:31

Take him to a vet to get him checked over. He may be younger than you think.

hesterton Tue 24-Oct-17 08:44:09

Lucky little waif has landed on his feet with you! Keep him in for at least 6 weeks and get him speyed as soon as he is big enough. Can you take him for a check up at the vets? It sounds like he has decided you are to be his best person.

Wolfiefan Tue 24-Oct-17 08:46:27

How do you know it is 12 weeks? Agree it needs a vet visit. I hope you didn't use an OTC wormer on a little kitten.

dingit Tue 24-Oct-17 08:46:33

😍

Julieelizabeth5 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:48:01

I took him to the vets that’s how I know he is 12 weeks, they gave me all the stuff to flee him and worm him ☺️

CherryVicky29 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:48:03

The rubbing of the face is normal my cat still does this and he’s 4years now, I think it’s a comfort/affection thing smile

scurryfunge Tue 24-Oct-17 08:49:52

Oh, that's good. You belong to him now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now