Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to leave my dogs home alone

(8 Posts)
Shouldileavethedogs Sat 23-Sep-17 16:24:56

I'm moving to a new house but keeping my old one. They're 5 mins apart. I have a couple of rather elderly dogs that can't go out much now and are happy but falling apart. The new house isn't suitable for them as there are alot of stairs and they're too old for change. I was thinking I could pop into my old house each morning to give them breakfast a little fresh air and some cuddle time then come back at lunch and tea time to put them to bed. This is their routein atm anyway. Is this wrong.

MissBeehiving Sat 23-Sep-17 16:42:19

Yes, it is. They may be old and sleep a lot but they need more attention than that. They need to be with people.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 23-Sep-17 16:45:21

Of course it's wrong. They need company and stability. Not to be left alone hours on end.

Shouldileavethedogs Sat 23-Sep-17 18:59:52

They would get the same company and stability they get atm only differnce being is no one is home once they go to bed during the week. But yes it does seem unfair. My sons are home at the weekend it's just Mon to thu. I've looked I to lots of stair gates at the new house to protect them from falling down them so I think I'll give that a go.

NoSquirrels Sun 24-Sep-17 22:07:52

How can you afford one house just for dogs?

Stairgates are the answer.

Worldsworstcook Sat 04-Nov-17 18:47:19

Yes do. To keep them living alone with you popping in and out is unkind and they'll feel abandoned. And what happens when one of them dies, the other would be all alone.

So no NO NOOOOOOOOOO

UrsulaPandress Sat 04-Nov-17 18:49:26

Gosh no. Our dog sleeps two floors down from us but he knows full well we are there. And we are with him all evening.

If you don't want to move them why not pts.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Sat 11-Nov-17 20:34:22

Surely they would be liable for council tax??
Sorry but they need to move with their family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now