Talk

Advanced search

Is my cat pregnant?!

(166 Posts)
Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 12:49:21

She is 1 and half year old, we have a male cat that is around 8 months old and they both havnt been "done" , she was last in the heat 4-5 weeks ago and I noticed her nipples were like this today ! Iv posted a picture of her and best pic of her belly too

dementedpixie Sun 17-Sep-17 12:52:21

So you have a male and female that haven't been neutered/spayed and you wonder if she might be pregnant?? Why on earth have you not done either of them?

ILoveDolly Sun 17-Sep-17 12:52:45

If you have two cats of the opposite sex in the same house I'd say dead cert regardless of what her nipples look like. Male cats can be neutered at 6m or younger to avoid this. What were you thinking! I love kittens but there's already too many.

chemenger Sun 17-Sep-17 12:53:34

I would imagine she is. You can still have her spayed if she is. Get both of them neutered as soon as possible. Cat Protection run various neutering campaigns with very cheap deals if cost is a problem, I'm sure other animal charities do too since in the long run it saves them money.

dementedpixie Sun 17-Sep-17 12:53:55

yeah my two were neutered at 4 months old. No need to produce any more kittens

BarbaraOcumbungles Sun 17-Sep-17 12:57:00

What do you think?

thewideeyedpea Sun 17-Sep-17 13:01:28

Extremely likely. And totally irresponsible of you to not have had them spayed /castrated.

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 17:38:16

I'm sorry but I didn't ask for any one of you to judge me because I'm asking if my cat is pregnant, you don't know my situation, I already have forever homes waiting for the kittens when they are born, to friends and family! "What was I thinking" , how ridiculous 😂 keep your opinions to yourself even it's a yes or no to whether this is a sign of pregnancy ! Obviously kittens will be well looked after and sorted at the vets until they are 8 weeks old !

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 17:40:40

I wanted my girl to have one litter of kittens before I get her done , it's my choice and decision but I think she should get to be a mother atleast once.. so you can all get off your high horses now ...

LadyPenelopeCantDance Sun 17-Sep-17 17:47:22

There are enough unwanted cats in rescue centres without you contributing more because you want your cat to have a litter. Utterly selfish behaviour. sad

thewideeyedpea Sun 17-Sep-17 17:48:03

My opinion still stands. Completely irresponsible. And if you choose to post in an open forum them expect people to respond in a way that heavens above you don't like. As for 'forever' homes, there is absolutely no way that you can guarantee that all the litter will be in their new homes for the rest of their lives. Animal centres are fit to burst with huge waiting lists of cats & kittens needing new homes for a whole host of different reasons and you have simply added to the situation.

gamerchick Sun 17-Sep-17 17:50:31

Maybe get her checked at the vets rather than posting like a GF on here perhaps? You must have known what kind of reaction you would get. confused

Why you would want to put her through all of that deliberately is beyond me.

thewideeyedpea Sun 17-Sep-17 17:50:31

And as for your comment regarding her becoming a mother just the once..Just ridiculous. biscuit

EarlessToothlessVagabond Sun 17-Sep-17 17:51:35

What is with these constant pregnant cat threads?!

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:03:55

How I delete this post?!
Not getting insulted for asking a fucking question!
ITS NON OF YOUR GOD DAMN BUISNESS , IF THERE ARE THAT MANY UNWANTED CATS WHY DONT YOU ALL GO AND ADOPT THEM INSTEAD OF MOANING ABOUT IT!!! I CANT ADOPT FROM SHELTERS AS I LIVE IN A FLAT WITH NO GARDEN AND ON A MAIN ROAD SO WOULDNT BE APPROVED, BOTH MYCATS FROM BREEDERS AND BOTH LOOKED AFTER AND LOVED

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:04:55

Don't see people getting slated that breed rag dolls or Persians regularly , oh no that's different because their £500 plus ...

BarbaraOcumbungles Sun 17-Sep-17 18:06:05

You posted it on a public forum.

Ecclesiastes Sun 17-Sep-17 18:08:58

Yes, your cat is pregnant. And your idiocy is bottomless.

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:10:35

Move on trolls 🖕🏻🖕🏻

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 17-Sep-17 18:11:21

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:11:49

Can someone just tell me how I remove this post

gamerchick Sun 17-Sep-17 18:13:34

report it and ask for it to be removed. You might get lucky.

Niclou98 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:16:47

I have done , but no amount of abuse or insults is going to change the fact what's done is done , so just leave it at that...

PGTits Sun 17-Sep-17 18:17:59

How have you secured "forever homes" for the kittens if you're presumably unsure whether the cat is pregnant?

Let's hope the homes the kittens go to have slightly less intellectually challenged adults responsible for their health and welfare, and that they get them neutered at the first opportunity.

Leicesterpiggott Sun 17-Sep-17 18:19:13

Unbelievable. So irresponsible. I despair...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now