Talk

Advanced search

What is this (pics)

(17 Posts)
coralush Sat 27-May-17 13:46:48

My cat has been fighting with next door neighbours cat, I noticed he had scratches the other day. They seem to have healed, I've just noticed these black marks... what are they? I'm really concerned. Is it bruising? He doesn't flinch when I touch them.

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-May-17 13:49:14

Isn't that just his skin colour? Is he a tortoiseshell? Our guinea pigs have black skin under their black fur and pink under the white/orange bits.

coralush Sat 27-May-17 13:53:21

Ahh very good point purple. He is tortoiseshell. He lost a lot of his fur from that area in the fight, I guess it could be growing back. He's eating, sleeping and always ready to go back outside ok. thank you! Xx

ElphabaStrop Sat 27-May-17 13:53:29

Skin pigmentation. It's probably that colour under the darker patches of hair. ☺️

coralush Sat 27-May-17 15:03:55

Thanks Elpha... seem so obvious now! He's the first cat I've owned and although he's 8, I've never experienced this with him before. He's a much loved member of the family.

ElphabaStrop Sat 27-May-17 15:06:39

Bless him ❤️ Our old Border Collie had similar skin - dark grey under his black fur and pink under his white fur. ☺️

coralush Sat 27-May-17 15:11:47

Aww lovely.

He doesn't seem overly concerned....enjoying his spot in the sun!

ElphabaStrop Sat 27-May-17 20:04:40

What a cutie. 😍

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 20:07:20

Yep. Skin colour. Pic is of my tortie pair when they were spayed

sananbaz Sat 27-May-17 20:12:00

He's gorgeous, but he's a tabby. Male tortoiseshells are extremely rare, which perked my interest when you said he was tortie! grin

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-May-17 20:18:56

Oh he's beautiful!

coralush Sat 27-May-17 20:51:50

Thanks all!

Ahh Wolfie your cats are beautiful! I can see exactly the same skin colour markings, very reassuring. I thought it was bruising. Doh!

San - he's half Bengal, his mum was Bengal, can't remember was his Dad was. He has a tortie look to him though. If that makes sense! He is extremely affectionate and playful, very mischievous and noisy. He's my boy, we all love him so much. 💙

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 20:53:53

They are gorgeous (but bloody terrors!) This op was the only time I saw their skin IYSWIM.

coralush Sat 27-May-17 20:56:31

Another one since I'm amongst fellow cat lovers ☺️

coralush Sat 27-May-17 20:58:12

Haha wolfie I know what you mean, I think that when mine is standing on my head at 4am wanting to be fed! Yours look so cute snuggled up together. Just beautiful!

Wolfiefan Sat 27-May-17 21:01:41

They don't do that now. They used to lie in each other's arms. Now one hisses and wallops the other if she gets too close! Terrors I tell you. I wouldn't have two females again! grin

coralush Sat 27-May-17 21:09:49

I can relate to that growing up with sisters 🤣

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now