Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas clever people?

(7 Posts)
NurseySA Sat 22-Apr-17 14:28:45

We are banished from our house, huge flood and insurance company are sorting out the house very slowly! We are staying at my mum's and have put my two precious cats in a cattery, it's been two weeks already. We went to visit them today and it was heartbreaking. Both of them were looking healthy but went potty miaowing and head butting me, felt so sad leaving them again. Haven't got any family to leave them with due to dogs which they hate. I've been googling like mad but can't find any temporary foster kind of places. The cattery is lovely and clean and staff very nice, but seeing them in a cage is devastating. Can't have them at home as house is unsafe with floors up, no water, heating etc otherwise lovely neighbours would keep an eye on them. I know that the safe and logical plan is to leave them where they are settled, but I feel so depressed and sad for them. Any ideas? sad

Asmoto Sat 22-Apr-17 14:33:00

I hope someone will have an idea, but I expect it's you the cats are missing as opposed to disliking the cattery itself. Mine have two weeks in the cattery every year while we are on holiday, and they're fine afterwards. My mum uses one with a camera, and her cat mainly sleeps. If the cattery is clean with lovely staff, I would probably leave them there, as at least you know they are safe. flowers for you having to cope with a flood.

NurseySA Sat 22-Apr-17 14:37:48

I know I'm being silly, but I am more upset with the cats than I am about the house! Just wish they didn't have to be in a cage, they're on my mind all the time sad

TheoriginalLEM Sat 22-Apr-17 14:47:11

I know its really pants but they are safer in a cattery. In someo e elses house there is the chance they could escape and get lost.

Is there any way that they can have time out of their cages? what is the set up like?

Asmoto Sat 22-Apr-17 14:47:51

It's not silly at all. Of course your cats will be on your mind. They won't like being away from you, but they will cope and will be over the moon when they get back home again - you can have lots of cuddles with them and spoil them with their favourite treats.

NurseySA Sat 22-Apr-17 17:41:29

Thank you for your kindnesses, I feel like the worst cat mum ever! It's an indoor cattery but they get them out of their pen three times a day. It's close to where I live and work and very clean. I just feel like I've made it worse for them now by visiting today but I had to take their flea treatment in. My poor cats sad

TheoriginalLEM Sun 23-Apr-17 08:54:10

Cats are tough cookies! I am a vet nurse and a visit from owners makes a real positive impact on our longer term patients. We try and give cuddles and fuss as much as we can but often we are time poor and we have to stick to treatments that are not welcomed by our furry patients so we are nit the first choice for cuddles.

Visiting owners can be a bit of a pain in terms of workload actually but they are welcomed with open arms because of the positive effects on their pets so please don't feel bad for your cats.

They are safe and feel safe in their new temporary domains and will be satisfied with their new cat food opening minions, they will however love the fact that mum pops in to say hi!

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now