Talk

Advanced search

Dog pts for behaviour

(3 Posts)
user1482079332 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:06:43

Was a rescue with a sad history, not suitable around kids, spent some time making sure he goes to a suitable home but didn't work out. He came back to me and I pts as he'd bitten new people badly. I think he couldn't cope with the rehome again but I couldn't trust him around my baby. I feel wracked with guilt that I gave up on him then swing to telling myself that a dog that troubled and neurotic is not a happy one. We tried trainer and a behaviourist suggested he be pts as rehoming again following the failed one would be unsuitable and I agreed. Anyone been in a similar situation? My childhood dog was pts for health reasons and that felt a lot easier

witwootoodleoo Fri 14-Apr-17 19:14:51

It's much kinder to put a dog with these kinds of issues to sleep rather than have it passed from pillar to post and have an uncertain future. You did your best and the last kindness you could do was to ensure a swift and painless exit for the dog flowers

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 14-Apr-17 19:48:24

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now