Talk

Advanced search

Cat limping following bite

(11 Posts)
leighalexandra Thu 30-Mar-17 22:12:35

Hi my cat was bitten but another cat on his back leg/foot on Sunday night. It was bleeding quite a lot and we took him to the vets and he was treated. He seemed to be getting better but today he is really limping on it, like it's got worse?! Is this normal? Do you think it's sore or bruised or something worse? Thanks in advance

Wolfiefan Thu 30-Mar-17 22:13:51

Could be an abscess. Vets tomorrow.

SecretNutellaFix Thu 30-Mar-17 22:17:51

Were you given antibiotics?

TheoriginalLEM Thu 30-Mar-17 22:23:05

i was going to ask about antibiotics too. Cat bites are really crap because they close up on themselves, leaving a load of bacteria behind. Will likely be forming an abscess that will need drained and antibiotics.

CMOTDibbler Thu 30-Mar-17 22:24:00

Def could be an abscess or infection. Evilgingercat is on his second week of antibiotics after a huge abscess caused by a bite.

leighalexandra Thu 30-Mar-17 22:29:17

My partner took him and thought they had given him an injection for antibiotics. He has had medicine for inflammation the last 3 nights?

Wolfiefan Thu 30-Mar-17 22:30:44

Has the anti inflammatory run out? The pain could be due to that. I would want the wound checked though. You don't want an untreated abscess.

Lunde Thu 30-Mar-17 22:37:52

I would get in checked out - if an abcess has developed it may require a surgical procedure to drain it

leighalexandra Thu 30-Mar-17 22:39:35

No he had his last dose tonight. He's sleeping a lot but I guess there's not much else to do as I'm not letting him out. He seems fine in himself ie is eating and looks happy with bright eyes.

DramaAlpaca Thu 30-Mar-17 22:40:45

I'd get that checked again by the vet.

leighalexandra Thu 30-Mar-17 22:40:50

Thanks all really appreciate it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now