Talk

Advanced search

My cat died on Tuesday

(10 Posts)
HoldBackTheRain Fri 10-Mar-17 20:02:02

And I'm just absolutely wrecked.

I did post a few weeks ago that he'd just been diagnosed with cancer. Since then I managed to delete my MN account while trying to change my user name. (I was Mycatwantstokillme). I couldn't work out how to reactivate it, so just started all over again with a new user name.

I wanted to change names because something as daft as being called Mycat on here is enough to start me off.

My son who has aspergers has taken it very well - he cried when we first found out his cancer was uncurable, and is absolutely gutted but he's holding it together better than I am.

I don't know if it's because I was with him when he was PTS - it was very peaceful and he died in my arms. I just can't stop crying, and I didn't think I'd take it this badly.

I had forgotten how hard it is to lose a pet and I'm not trying to sound OTT but I can't ever imagine feeling better again. Our home feels empty and I just can't believe he's gone. We're getting an individual cremation so his ashes will be back with us in about 2 weeks.

I just feel guilty that my son's taking it better than I am when he was closer to Tibbs than I was. And I don't think people understand why I'm so upset.

Please someone tell me it gets better than this. I'm just so lost.

fueledbybacon Fri 10-Mar-17 20:05:28

Im so very sorry for your loss.

To me they're a part of my family. I grieve like I would for anyone else. We love them so utterly when we have them. It takes time to not feel so sad but it does get better. flowers

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:07:40

Sorry about poor dcat flowers
Remember how much your life was enriched by having him and don't leave a cat shaped hole too long xx

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Mar-17 20:10:14

Oh my lovely. It does get easier. Of course you are upset. You are grieving the loss of a family member. Slowly you will cry less and one day you will see a picture or have a memory and smile. But not yet. This helps me. I can't believe I won't see my beloved pets again.

phoebe2016 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:18:02

Aww, i am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby sad i have 2 of the little buggers and dread the day they won't be around anymore. I have no real advice, just try to hold on to the wonderful memories your little monster bought you and feel at ease that his passing was peaceful. X

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Fri 10-Mar-17 20:18:46

When my beautiful boy went, I was distraught for weeks. We had an individual cremation as well, and he now sits in his favourite spot. It really helped to have him home. I tried to make it better in my head by thinking that although it was awful to lose him, at least he was with us, and we knew what had happened, rather than him going out and never coming back. flowers for you both xxx

MollyHuaCha Fri 10-Mar-17 20:19:24

Thinking of you. Such a sad loss flowers

PickledCauliflower Fri 10-Mar-17 20:21:54

You are not being OTT and is does get easier.
You gave him a great life and then you were able to let him go to sleep peacefully. Allow yourself to be upset and don't put pressure on yourself.
This is the worst time and it does get better x

MrsMozart Fri 10-Mar-17 20:22:26

I am so very sorry lass.

HoldBackTheRain Sat 11-Mar-17 09:47:43

Thank you all for your messages, they mean a lot. flowers to you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now