Talk

Advanced search

What to do with your pets ashes?

(7 Posts)
juliagraham65 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:06:30

Hi, I'm a mum to six children, three of my own and three stepchildren! Also a pet parent to Barnaby our wonderful dwarf lop eared rabbit.

Just a question out to all you other pet parents - what do you do with your pets ashes, I don't feel there is enough choices out there to offer people. Especially if you scatter the ashes they are gone forever, if you bury your pet in the back garden that makes it difficult to move house i.e. leaving them behind or they get dug up again which is distressing for everyone, especially the children!

So what do you do or have you done, or what would like to see being offered?

FATEdestiny Mon 06-Mar-17 15:13:40

My mum mixed the ashes with poppy seeds then scattered them in an area of the walk they used to take.

We walk it often with my dog. When we see the field poppies, we think of mums dog.

FATEdestiny Mon 06-Mar-17 15:14:41

I might add that when my last dog does, we choose not to keep the ashes.

LaGattaNera Mon 06-Mar-17 15:16:07

I have the ashes of my 3 late doggie in urns in a cupboard in my lounge - can't face having them on display but equally didn't want to scatter (think that would upset me more) and along with ashes I have a paw print and fur clipping. Makes me sad just typing this. Miss them all so much

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 06-Mar-17 15:17:08

We've got Max in a nice box with a plaque next to a picture of him in our living room. Mt DD has 5 boxes, (all were small pets) sitting on a shelf with each other in her room at her house.

juliagraham65 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:29:32

Thank you so much for your comments, know it is a difficult subject to talk about, pets are really a part of our families and lives. I was exhibiting at the NEC Pet Show last year and the number of people that found moving home so hard due to leaving their pets in the garden, totally get that!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 09-Mar-17 12:44:40

My girl is in a lovely tube, next to her photo, on the Dresser.
When my time comes, we will be scattered together, in the wilderness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now