Talk

Advanced search

Bird hitting my windows

(5 Posts)
PrivetDrive24 Sun 19-Feb-17 09:48:47

Hi all, im not sure if this is the best place to put this but here it goes,

There is a small bird that continuously throws itself against my windows, hitting them with its beak. Im just concerned that its going to hurt itself. It does it most mornings but flys off when i approach the window.

Any help is appreciated smile

Sewingbeatshousework Sun 19-Feb-17 09:52:07

I'm no bird expert but I know some (tits for example) see their reflection and see it as another bird, a threat. I have one who does this in my car mirrors, and another at the shed window.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 19-Feb-17 10:30:43

Garden centres usually sell peel on/off birds of prey stickers, to deter garden birds from doing this.
It does work, look on line OP.
He'll soon stop, faced with a looming buzzard/sparrow hawk 😄

Trustyourself2 Fri 24-Feb-17 20:55:57

I have collared doves who do this, but they're hassling me to put more seeds out for them! They're is a theory that they think they're seeing another bird in the glass, a rival, especially in spring. You could cover the window with something?

SeeMyVest Fri 24-Feb-17 20:59:40

In my house I have a whole wall to the lounge that is windows and when we first moved in there was no furniture in the lounge etc and the amount of pigeons that would fly into the window (at speed!!) was crazy! Unfortunately most pigeons didn't make it. I was a pigeon disposal master sadWe had an owl once that managed to fly away again but left a very impressive greasy owl face imprint.
Once we put furniture and started 'living' more in the room they stopped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now