Talk

Advanced search

Where do you get kittens from these days?

(21 Posts)
dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 12:56:48

Our local RSPCA won't re-home kittens to anyone with kids under 7 (ours our 4 and 2).

Can't afford a pedigree, so where do I find two moggy kittens?

tia, Dinny

SparklyGothKat Sun 25-Feb-07 12:58:19

I get them off a friend of mine. I know a few people who have kittens atm, whereabouts are you?

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 12:59:20

I have 5 day old kittens where are you??

dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 13:00:19

we're in Surrey

burstingbug Sun 25-Feb-07 13:00:37

How many babies did mama cat have in the end loveheart?

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:01:38

I'm in kent

I have four 3 all black one white and black not sure of sex yet as too young.

It is abit far really,

Look in petshops for signs etc etc friday ads etc

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:03:26

she had 4 bless her she's such a good mum as she#s only young herslef and was worried she would neglect them. But she's doing really well.

SparklyGothKat Sun 25-Feb-07 13:04:08

We in herts, so a bit far as well. Look in your local paper or newsagent windows

dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 13:04:10

whereabouts, Aloveheart - we are kind of on Kent border.

burstingbug Sun 25-Feb-07 13:04:35

Aaaawwwwwwwww

northerner Sun 25-Feb-07 13:06:00

Yes, RSPCA would not let us have one either due to ds aged 4. We finally got ours from a friend of a friend. Keep your eyes out for notices in shops or local newspapers. Is there a Cats protection league near you? They might consider you.

We are just coming into kitten season so there will be loads around soon....

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:06:37

Tunbridge wells. It would be awhile yet as only 5 days so be around another 9 weeks yet

dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 13:09:05

Northerner - sorely tempted to just get another two adults from RSPCA again but the kids SO want kittens.

Aloveheart, that's only about 30 mins from us.

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:12:49

Well here's my email if your interested.. as i say it won't be for a while yet. Also got min of two people maybe in the line for one too.

Danielandhannah2006@hotmail dot co dot uk

Even just to keep you updated if you don't find anything else. The good thing with kittens is that they grow up with your children so after awhile they are used to the noise etc rather than an old cat that's not used to it.

dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 13:14:03

thanks, Aloveheart - we are thinking of after Easter hols as we are away for a long-ish break. No hurry though! Would love a girl and a boy puss - will e-mail you. Thanks, Dinny

northerner Sun 25-Feb-07 13:15:13

I would say the same as aloveheart, adult cats may not be used to kids. And no matter how many times you tell your kids to be nice they do torment them.

My kitten is about 6 months old now and has settled in really well. Noise no longer phases her and she does her best to ignore ds when he is playing starwars with her but she is very tolerant

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:16:51

yw. And i won't be offended if you find other kittens just thought if you were interested. As i say i can't tell sex yet and if i have a boy one someone wants taht because he's allegic to female cat hair so i'll tell you more nearer the time. so i'll hope for two boys, lol.

dinny Sun 25-Feb-07 13:18:04

wow, didn't know you could be allergic to one sex's hair!

OK - will wait to hear which you've got!

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:19:26

ok. and i'll try to get some photos for you soon.

Aloveheart Sun 25-Feb-07 13:36:53

sent you an email.

softmusk Tue 27-Feb-07 22:31:57

we looking for a cat at min we want older cat been cat protection and they been really good and they would be happy to rehome a kitten with us if we wanted one we got a 2 dds at 1 and 2 they might be worth a call we where told there is about a month wait for kitten
hope that helps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: