Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My cat got neutered yesterday and we've just removed her buster collar........

(7 Posts)
northerner Sat 24-Feb-07 08:34:17

....because it was driving her mad. She couldn't wlak properly in it, kept going backwards, then bumping into things and always shaking her head trying to remove it. She had hardly any sleep as it was driving her bonkers.

Bless her, she was so happy whn I took it off.

Just hope she will leave her stitches alone. Anyone else removed them early and had no problems?

Twiglett Sat 24-Feb-07 08:35:19

I think you're mad .. it might have been irritating her but probably less so than any infection she might get from doing what comes naturally to animals ..licking the wounds

it would have been short term .. I hope you get away with it

Oati Sat 24-Feb-07 08:36:53

I's say put it back on - you DO NOT want her ripping the stitches out

northerner Sat 24-Feb-07 08:37:24

Do you thinks so Twig?
Hmmmm. Well the vet said we could remove it while we were around to give her a beak from it. So might resort to putting it back on when we leave her alone.....

Twiglett Sat 24-Feb-07 08:41:20

well if the vet said it was ok I'm sure its ok then

northerner Sat 24-Feb-07 08:46:08

The collar was an optional extra, we didn't have to have it. So I'm sure there are plenty of folk who choose not to buy one as the whole trip to the vets is bloody expensive enough!

She just looked so miserable with it on....I'm such a softie

nicm Sat 24-Feb-07 14:22:13

northerner i wouldn't worry about it. our vets didn't put one on at all and she didn't touch her stiches for the 10 days until the stitches were out and even then didn't lick much at it. i was more worried about her brother and her having play fights and him hurting her but she made sure he got no where near it! hope she's ok now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now