Talk

Advanced search

Mouse visiting my bunny and guinea pig - what to do?

(5 Posts)
arfur Tue 20-Feb-07 21:51:38

Have had bun and gp for nearly 2 years but when I cleaned them out on Mon I found mouse poo just inside the mesh door of the hutch. When I checked yesterday there was a small amount again so I guess some mouse has found a way of scoring an easy meal. Any ideas how to get rid without affecting the rightful tenants? We live on an estate but garden backs onto woods btw.

Madoldcatlady Tue 20-Feb-07 21:56:48

Put a bit more food out.

Beauregard Tue 20-Feb-07 22:01:55

Give the rabbit a baseball bat

RustyBear Tue 20-Feb-07 22:02:34

I doubt if there's much you can do - or need to tbh. We had a mouse living with our rabbit & guinea pig for years - actually it was probably a succession of mice as they don't live so long. It wasn't a problem until the bunny & gpig died, then they started coming into the house - and the oven......

arfur Tue 20-Feb-07 22:12:47

Thanks guys! Had thought about feeding the cat less! But she catches more than her fair share tbh. Was a bit concerned about spreading disease altho bun is up to date with her mixi jab. Probably have to just leave it and wait till its number comes up in my cats next victim lottery! Am quite surprised bun hasnt savaged it she can be a grumpy mare at times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now