Talk

Advanced search

cat doesn't want back stroked. why?

(8 Posts)
tigi Mon 19-Feb-07 11:23:50

Hi, my cat is one and a half, and very timid. Only lets me and older son fuss her, never dh and little ones. I had her from 6mths, prior to this she belonged to an old lady. I have no idea how well she was treated.
She's very wary and jumpy anyway, and would never rub round my legs for a fuss, but if she's sat, she will like a fuss, for a bit. She follows me round the house, and likes my company though. She has though, in last couple days not liked her back stroked, and dips it down if I run my hand down her, makes it go sort of floppy so i don't touch her. She's also tried to bite me if she's sat down and I've stroked her. I see no wounds, and no sign of a fight, which she doesn't anyway. Any ideas what's up? thanks

batters Mon 19-Feb-07 12:26:38

injury perhaps?

I'd get her checked out.

tigi Mon 19-Feb-07 20:22:30

yes I will, she's due a booster injection anway.

cori Mon 19-Feb-07 20:30:44

my cats like this, and I have had since a kitten. Just her nature i think

chocolatekimmy Mon 19-Feb-07 21:41:00

Is her fur matted, that be be painful

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 21:42:45

Has she been spayed? Maybe she's feeling funny if she's about to come into season?

tigi Tue 20-Feb-07 20:33:02

thanks for your replies. She's been spayed. She is a little better tempered today, following me about, letting me fuss her neck, but still tried to bite me!

fortyplus Tue 20-Feb-07 21:57:25

Perhaps another cat has bitten her and she's got an abcess brewing - that's very common

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now