Talk

Advanced search

Desperately worried cat mummy - moving house dilemma

(3 Posts)
sammycat Sun 13-Nov-16 18:45:50

We are moving in with our in-laws whilst our house is being built. They live on a major, busy road and have a 1 year old crazy puppy. We have a small calm dog and a very timid older cat, Carmen. She tolerates our pooch because he's a quiet sort. We all adore Carmen but she is so timid she will only enter/leave the house through my daughter's bedroom window, she gets fed in that room and loves cuddles - but gets rattled if anything changes, such as house guests staying. I am so upset and concerned she will be miserable and stressed when we move. Our options are; 1) keep her in one bedroom for 6 months (she won't cope with the manic puppy running round the house,) 2) let her out and take a chance she won't get killed on the main road, or 3) ask our elderly neighbour to take her in and hope she still loves us in six months when we move into our house in the quiet open countryside, she's used to him feeding her when we are away. Either way we are heartbroken, but there is no other way while we build our new home sad What can I do?

LynetteScavo Fri 25-Nov-16 19:35:50

Firstly I would ask the elderly neighbour.

You can visit them both...win win.

lljkk Fri 25-Nov-16 19:36:57

Ask elderly neighbour, they can't do worse than say no & they might be delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now