tell me about Royal pythons

(7 Posts)
charliesweb Mon 27-Jun-16 08:04:39

We already have a beardy. Now we're thinking about getting a Royal Python. Does anyone have any experience/advice?

charliesweb Mon 27-Jun-16 09:10:10

Anyone?!

charliesweb Mon 27-Jun-16 15:48:31

Bump

charliesweb Mon 27-Jun-16 20:29:55

Call yourselves a nest of vipers! wink

ImBrian Thu 07-Jul-16 08:34:44

I used to have a couple and had babies at one point. They're fairly low maintenance once you get the set up right, feed them once a week and clean out when needed. The only negatives were rats in the freezer and that my toddler let them out a couple of times and trying to find a rather large Python at 1am is not a fun task.

Hockeydude Thu 07-Jul-16 08:41:06

Well the negatives are that lots of people find it utterly horrifying. I don't mean to be rude but I wouldn't visit a friend with a python.

icclemunchy Thu 07-Jul-16 08:50:38

We have one Royal and one corn. They're fairly simple to keep once everything set up. Some can be fussy with food and will refuse to eat if it's not its preferred temperature/the moon isn't on the right place grin

I'd go for one from a breeder rather than a pet shop unless you have a well recommended reptile shop near you.

The kids love them and since DD1 took a skin in for show and tell we've had lots of requests to come see them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now