Talk

Advanced search

Cat been driven away by other one.

(3 Posts)
WillowKnicks Mon 23-Nov-15 12:59:16

I've 2 tom cats. They are 5 years old & not brothers but I got them both at the same time from the RSPCA at 8 weeks old, so they have grown up together & both were neutered at 4 months old. All was well until the last few months.

Tom1 is a very dominant, boisterous cat & Tom2 is extremely gentle.

Tom1 has been bullying & fighting Tom2 lately & the fur literally has been flying.

Tom2 has now left home sad. The first time, I didn't see him for about 3 weeks & then my dd spotted him & brought him home. Everything seemed normal & he was coming & going as usual but then Tom1 started his bullying again & off he went again. This has happened twice & I've just spotted him, after not seeing him for about 2 weeks but he won't come to me & has gone off.

I'm heartbroken, he was so affectionate with me before & was miaowing (sp?) every time I called him but wouldn't come near.

I will obviously try & coax him home again but I fear it will just be a repeat of what's happened before. I presume he's getting food & shelter elsewhere but I just want him home.

Any advice??

Sleepingtom Mon 23-Nov-15 21:12:06

No advice but I have also misplaced my moggy last week so feel for you :-(. So glad you have seen him and that he appears to be getting food elsewhere. Could you coax him back by leaving tuna outside? I have made a makeshift cat house (with hot water bottle) to try and tempt mine back. He may prefer to be outdoors but happy to come back to be fed?

WillowKnicks Tue 24-Nov-15 08:25:07

Aww sorry about your cat Sleepingtom, hope he/she comes back safe & sound.

That's exactly what I did, left him a bowl of tuna out smile. The last time when I'd coaxed him back in he wasn't particularly hungry but we have quite a few stray cats that live in a neighbours garden that he feeds outside (as well as the local fox population!), so not worried so much about him not eating but just want him home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now