Talk

Advanced search

bastard fox out to get my rabbits

(6 Posts)
southeastastra Sun 15-Nov-15 21:20:26

what can I do? cages are secure but i just watched him jump over a 5ft fence. i have bought some Scoot, would that work. kids are also weeing in the garden....

bastard things

5BlueHydrangea Sun 15-Nov-15 21:25:34

If cages are secure you should be ok. Our bunny is in a raised hutch. We cover it at night with an old groundsheet and a couple of bricks to 'tuck him in'. So far so good... He is 9 and we get loads of foxes around here.
Hutch is also very close to the house (back door) which helps I think.

5BlueHydrangea Sun 15-Nov-15 21:26:58

Oh and only male wee is a deterrent I think so if your dc are girls make them stop!

southeastastra Sun 15-Nov-15 21:29:34

they are male!

exLtEveDallas Sun 15-Nov-15 21:36:35

Can you get a motion sensor light?

We had free range rabbits that were only shut up at night. We knew we had a fox coming to the fence but were lucky in that the dog would go out barking after dark and scare it off. But we needed something for after bedtime.

We set up a motion sensor light into the hutch area - the buns were shut in and covered with a tarpaulin at night so the light didn't bother them, but it definately scared off our prowler. DH strengthened the wire part of the cage as well (because of bloody rats) so it would have been hard for a fox to get in anyway.

somewheresomehow Mon 14-Dec-15 20:30:10

Could you bring the buns in out of the cold for the winter, even if he cant get at them he could still scare them to death

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now