Talk

Advanced search

Coffee obsessed cat

(24 Posts)
TheCatsWhiskers Thu 05-Nov-15 17:58:11

My cat is obsessed with coffee. As soon as the machine goes in she comes circling round me, suddenly I am her favourite person in the world.

If anyone is drinking coffee on the sofa she will try to stick her head in their mug.

She's normally very shy, so it's totally out of character.

I've never known this in a cat. Does anyone else have a cat with a taste for strange things? grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 05-Nov-15 18:00:52

How funny is that! smile Mine likes cheese, and will beg for it like a dog. Probably not too strange about the cheese, as Dreamies have a cheese flavour.

SueGeneris Thu 05-Nov-15 18:04:14

Mine used to love Madeira cake and scotch pancakes.

TheCatsWhiskers Thu 05-Nov-15 18:11:31

My childhood cats loved cheese, so I bought some for my cats and they turned their noses up at it!! Same with ham ends.

They go crazy for tuna too, tapping the tin is a last resort bribe to get them in at night.

mmmuffins Thu 05-Nov-15 18:45:38

Mine really likes butter, which is understandable. The interesting part is that he has become conditioned to come running when he hears us put something in the toaster - because toaster creates toast, on which butter is spread, and humans leave out buttery knives afterwards...!

NarcyCow Thu 05-Nov-15 19:00:58

One of mine loves broccoli and kale.

The other comes running when the kettle gets turned on because she knows that soon enough someone will open the fridge to get milk and some ham will fall out on her head.

TheCatsWhiskers Thu 05-Nov-15 19:04:28

Clever cat mmmuffins

Our cats always seem to know when they are going to the vets. Always an hour before we are due to leave they both go and hide under the bed confused

How do they know?

Wolfiefan Thu 05-Nov-15 19:05:07

Could be worse

Wolfiefan Thu 05-Nov-15 19:05:34

Sea breeze cocktail BTW!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 05-Nov-15 19:07:56

one of mine drinks coffee....he LOVES it. if you only have a drib left in the bottom of the mug he dabbles his paws in and licks it off his feet.
I have him on instagram doing it. #idiotcat

whiskers72 Thu 05-Nov-15 19:19:04

I once had a cat as a child that loved cheese and Heinz tomato soup, would meow until you gave her a bit.

CMOTDibbler Thu 05-Nov-15 19:28:36

One of my cats was obsessed with Horlicks and shreddies. The horlicks was funny as he would dab his paw right into the cup to get the gloop at the bottom out.

Currently, one out of three cats and both dogs like to drink tea. ddog1 had never thought of it before ddog2 arrived. It took me a while to catch on that I hadn't always just thought I had more tea left than I did

TheCatsWhiskers Thu 05-Nov-15 19:28:59

Your cat is too cute Wolfiefan

Loving your cat tales. Glad mine isn't the only one!

TheSpottedZebra Thu 05-Nov-15 19:32:57

One of my cats has really suddenly put on quite a bit of weight. It's a small close of houses I live in, and the cat doesn't roam far, so I knew that there is no one not knowing he has a home, and feeding him, IYSWIM. He's not a 6 dinner Sid.

Sort of. It seems that he has suddenly decided that he really likes bread, so he goes round the gardens where people have put it out for the birds, and he troughs it. He also really likes toast, but his favourite is brioche, the big ponce.

NathalieM Wed 11-Nov-15 17:24:57

My cat James is especially fond of beer and laps up the froth whenever my husband cracks one open. I wouldn't put coffee past him at all!

Notrevealingmyidentity Wed 23-Dec-15 00:38:00

Friends cat was obsessed with peas. Only peas. Wtf.

AtSea1979 Wed 23-Dec-15 00:44:04

Mine once drank my tea before I realised what he was doing. I assumed it was the milk in it that attracted him.
Also loved raw eggs.

Atomik Wed 23-Dec-15 01:40:03

My late Persian loved green olives. Only green ones. We took to shutting him in the bathroom when we had pizza after the time his begging went unanswered (I was worried about the high salt content) so he just shoved his fat, furry paw in DH's mouth, hooked the olive that had just gone in, hoiked it out and gobbled it.

There was much spluttering from DH as he tried to rid his mouth of all the random fluff stuck to his tongue .... in lieu of the olive.

howtorebuild Wed 23-Dec-15 01:44:32

My cat likes butter, cheese, rice with veg and if you eat crisps she puts runs up and puts her paw on the crisps between the bag and your mouth.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Dec-15 00:52:01

Aww. I used to have kitten who loved cornflakes . He was toooooooo cute. grin

Kjessop96 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:36:13

My cats eat anything, literally. I'm not taking ott me and my other half have to lock them out when me him or our son is eating. And I have 3 cats, one of them will just come upto you and paw the food out of your mouth. They're all so greedy it's hard to fill my sons bottle up with milk because they all hover around you. Wouldn't mind but they still do it 10 mins after been fed, dardent open my prawn cocktail Pringles because I know what the score is lol

DoctorTwo Sun 10-Jan-16 17:01:06

Atomik! grin

With my last cat if I had the temerity to eat with the plate on my lap she'd sit on the right arm of the chair and reach a paw out for whatever was in reach. She had a particular love for broccoli, carrot and buttery mash.

WickedWax Sun 10-Jan-16 17:04:02

My cat was going mad for Baileys over Christmas, nobody could put their drink down without him trying to stick his face in it.

Follyfoot Sun 10-Jan-16 17:07:36

I had a cat who would pester you incessantly if you were eating curry. The only way to stop him was to share it with him . He lived to the great age of 19 so it obviously didnt do him any harm smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now