Talk

Advanced search

How do I find a puppy?

(10 Posts)
featherglass Fri 18-Sep-15 08:14:32

Have recently retired and were looking for a puppy. We're after a smaller dog as have a small house and garden - but live beside forests and fields so exercise not a problem I don't mind paying but am not after a 'designer dog', I want a 'dog dog / cross breed?' We have two cats hence wanting a puppy. I daren't risk a rescue dog with an unknown background. Any advice about where to look / go? Thank you.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 18-Sep-15 08:25:53

Rescue centres often have puppies.

Otherwise, a reputable breeder through the kennel club.

CMOTDibbler Fri 18-Sep-15 08:27:21

How about Dingle who is a patterdale x pug x terrier, or one of his siblings?

Unfortunatly there are quite a lot of puppies born in rescue, but you are better looking with the smaller charities for them

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 18-Sep-15 08:28:40

Aw Dingle is lovely.

CMOTDibbler Fri 18-Sep-15 08:32:44

His mum, Nelly is very cute - she was in rescue for a couple of days before having the pups, and is awaiting a forever home too. The pups have been with mum in foster, and then in their own foster homes, so are really well known, used to family life etc.

featherglass Fri 18-Sep-15 08:45:36

Dingle looks adorable. We're on the outskirts of London. We've been to several Rescue centres and none of them had puppies - lots of staffies and greyhounds who we'd have adopted in a heartbeat - if it wasn't for the cats.

featherglass Fri 18-Sep-15 08:47:18

Think Evesham is a bit too far from us sadly

featherglass Fri 18-Sep-15 08:52:46

CMOTDibbler - have also spotted Sugar on the website - adorable

CMOTDibbler Fri 18-Sep-15 08:56:21

They can homecheck anywhere, and I know that for people with a homecheck done, they have allowed them to visit the dog and take them with them if they are happy.
If you bought from a breeder, you could have to drive a long way anyway

featherglass Fri 18-Sep-15 08:59:57

Thank you - that's really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now