Talk

Advanced search

Miniature dachshund puppy

(3 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Sun 03-May-15 08:48:34

would be pleased to have advise. My daughter has a miniature dachshund puppy which she tells me they bath in their sink every week. I haven't said anything yet but I thought dogs should only be bathed from time to time when they need it. We used to have a retriever and when she was a puppy we were told off for bathing her when not necessary as it took the oils out of her coat. Are dachshunds different? Don't want to give her the wrong advise so can anyone help? Thank you.

Dollydewdrop21 Sun 05-Jul-15 22:18:24

Hi. I have a mini D who is now 8. She has probably had about 8 baths in her whole life. Is the puppy short or long hair? I have a short haired and she is always clean and we get comments on her shiny coat. I think they pretty much clean themselves. Perhaps the long haired ones need more grooming and washing.

SevenAteNine Mon 13-Jul-15 00:25:20

Once a week is far too often. My dog has been washed twice this year, and that is only because he rolled in something really unpleasant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now