Talk

Advanced search

Pygmy Goats

(1 Post)
fruitloopsandfruitshoots Mon 05-Jan-15 21:12:03

Does anyone have pygmy goats? We've been thinking about getting a couple for a while now, and I was just wondering what other people's experiences are?

We're currently renovating a large (ish!) house in the countryside, which has a reasonable sized garden which goes the whole way around the house, and I think would be perfect for a couple of pygmy goats. I know we would need a CPH number to keep them, and that all paperwork must be kept in order detailing vaccinations/movement etc. I also know that we would need to provide adequate housing for them so they are comfortable at night, and lots of activities so that they don't get bored. I have been doing lots of research in order to decide whether it is right for us. So far I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be lovely!

My SIL used to be a farmer, so I am confident that she would be able to help us get started and be a fountain of knowledge for us if (when!) we need it!

Aside from a friend from school who had a pygmy goat which used to live in her house/back garden (which was about 15 years ago!), I don't know of anyone else who has had them as pets, so am keen to hear from people who have.

Any other pygmy goat owners out there? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now