Talk

Advanced search

Dog help advice

(4 Posts)
donyalee123 Sat 22-Nov-14 09:30:07

My dog keeps coughing, almost like she's choking, and then she's brining up flem,,, anyone no about this?

bakingtins Sat 22-Nov-14 09:46:49

Sounds like kennel cough. Take her to the vet. Treat her as potentially infectious to other dogs - tell them it might be KC when you make the appointment and then wait outside for your turn.
It's normally treated with antibiotics, but as there is also a viral component they will continue to cough for 7-10 days. In severe cases she might need anti-inflammatories as well. If it's mild it's reasonable not to treat in a fit adult dog, most will recover fine, but you need to get a proper diagnosis to be sure it's nothing more serious. Some dogs will develop a chronic bronchitis after kennel cough so it needs to be monitored.

donyalee123 Sat 22-Nov-14 17:27:18

Thanks for your help, I will post and let you u know how she's doing thanks smile

selmiller Mon 08-Dec-14 06:03:32

I am pet lover and I am too caring for my two dogs. Actually keeping our dogs teeth healthy is as important as keeping our teeth healthy. Whatever you feed to your dog is result on your dog's health so my opinion is to take care of dog's teeth first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now