Talk

Advanced search

My torties

(5 Posts)
Tonytiger Tue 10-Sep-13 21:35:44

Please help, I have lost my sons tortoises in our garden it is quite large with masses of places to hide. He will be so unhappy I need to find them before he returns from a school trip. Any ideas please ???

FernieB Tue 10-Sep-13 23:07:13

No real ideas other than to keep searching and get friends/neighbours to help. Check neighbours gardens and ask them to look out for them. Is there a particular food they love that you can put in the middle of the garden for them to tempt them out? Good luck - I really hope you find them.

Tonytiger Wed 11-Sep-13 14:18:19

Thank you fernieB I have put posters all around I hope when and if the sun starts to shine again they will come out to bask and I may see them.
So sad .......

Olbasoil Fri 13-Sep-13 10:15:42

Are they horsefield tortoises? If so they are very good diggers , so look by fenced areas or walled areas as they try & dig their way out. Hope you find them .

s111111111gh Sun 29-Sep-13 17:47:22

Yep, we lost ours for a wee bit in the garden - he'd dug in. In a flash, too! hope you found them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: