Advanced search

Changing address on Microchip for a cat currently registered in the USA? HELP

(3 Posts)
oinker Mon 26-Aug-13 12:40:59

I have adopted a stray cat in London - UK. The cat is micro-chipped with previous owner details etc from when she was in the USA - NY. The cat was transported to the UK, not sure how or when as the microchip wasn't updated (hence her now being stray) and DEFRA have no papers for her.

I am trying to register her here with us and have encountered a strange issue.

The Home Again Pet recovery service company in NY - are not able to use my residential address in London as their system will not accept foreign addresses. They have asked me to enrol myself at an APO which is an Army Post Office ?????? They need a military address??

Does anyone know how I do this....? Has anyone experienced this? It sounds wrong to me. There must be another way.

Any ideas

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 26-Aug-13 14:00:00

Defra will hold no papers for her as she will have probably entered on a pet passport so the papers stay with the pet.
Regarding the microchip I would suggest you contact pet log and request to register a foreign microchip (this is the biggest database that vets etc would contact first). They will charge for this last time a few years ago I think it was about £25.

oinker Mon 26-Aug-13 16:44:46


That's a start. Will try. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: