Talk

Advanced search

how long for a dog to get pregnant again after having pups?

(11 Posts)
juice Fri 19-May-06 13:05:18

as thread asks, dog had pups 5-6 weeks ago, how long does it take for her to get pregnant again.
ta

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 19-May-06 13:06:17

Give the poor bitch a break!

SaintGeorge Fri 19-May-06 13:09:59

Unless you are a breeder - which I doubt or you would know the answer to your own question - why the hell do you want her pregnant again?

juice Fri 19-May-06 13:13:59

i am not asking for my benefit, i just want to know.

FuglyDucking Fri 19-May-06 13:18:33

Soon as she goes back into season again..

<Btw back to back breedings is NOT a good idea and would make you a puppy miller. Who are considered the scum of the dog world, just so you know!>

juice Fri 19-May-06 13:26:14

why do u all jump to assumptions and think i am breeding a dog of mine back to back. this is not my dog, ok. i just wanted to know the answer to a question.
so think before you all jump in mouth first ok.

SaintGeorge Fri 19-May-06 13:33:13

You posted

"as thread asks, dog had pups 5-6 weeks ago, how long does it take for her to get pregnant again."

No explanation as to who the dog belonged to or why you were asking such a strange question. What exactly did you expect as a response?

I think you would find the comments would be of the same nature anyone, whoever owned the dog.

GaelicRose Fri 19-May-06 13:33:33

She won't come back into 'season' until the pups are 3 to 4 months old. People assumed the worse because of the way you asked the question is why they reacted the way they did. If this is a pet and not a show dog, I recommend having her spayed after she weans the pups from this litter.

SaintGeorge Fri 19-May-06 13:34:16

anyway not anyone.

grrrrr

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 19-May-06 14:06:11

Well, i did say give the bitch a break, not your bitch.

Why are you so quick to assume the worst?

wannaBe1974 Fri 19-May-06 15:00:11

agree with other posters, back to back breeding is a very bad idea, whether it's your dog or anyone else's. Most reputable breeders will let a dog have at least one season between breedings, so the dog might have pups once a year, and even then it wouldn't be adviseable to let this continue for too long.

We had a dog that had pups many years ago, we sold one of the pups to a friend of my mum's and she over bred the dog, that poor dog had three litters of puppies back to back and when the woman decided to have her spayed after her last litter she was actually so weak that she died under the anesthetic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: