Talk

Advanced search

Fasting corn snake - Can someone please reassure me?

(7 Posts)
JenaiMorris Thu 18-Apr-13 12:50:58

He’s three years old and not had this problem before – he normally has a couple (depends on their size) of fuzzies every 7-10 days.

About a month ago he rejected some fuzzies (he’s plenty big enough to have a furry but I think he’s scared of them hmm ). I wasn’t worried as I knew he was about to shed (which he did – checked for the spectacles and everything – all complete), but he hasn’t eaten a thing since.

He has been very frisky, trying to escape from his viv (which is the right temp and perfectly clean) and making a right old racket throwing his viv furniture around – is he looking for some love action do you think? He won’t find any – as far as I’m aware we’re the only people on the street with a snake grin

Any suggestions? Am I going to have to do unspeakable things to baby mice to get him to eat?

hiddenhome Sat 27-Apr-13 22:59:02

Mine has only just started eating again after fasting over the winter.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:14:29

I'm warming a furry on the radiator as I write.

He looks ok, temps in his viv are fine....

Just wish the bugger would eat!

Fingers crossed.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:15:26

How long did he fast for, hidden? Were you worried?

MotheringShites Sat 27-Apr-13 23:17:50

Oh god, please make sure it doesn't escape.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:31:07

He won't escape! He did for an entire week as a baby - it was awful. Kept expecting to find an ex-snake under ds's bed.

His viv is very secure grin

hiddenhome Sat 27-Apr-13 23:44:25

Mine fasted from mid november until about a month ago. He hardly moved. I was frantic, but then he started to move about so I tried him with a mouse and he took it. He goes all over his viv and is in great health.

Snakes can go up to a year without food grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: