Talk

Advanced search

is it wrong to respond to free ads?

(5 Posts)
MotherPanda Sat 17-Sep-11 18:45:51

I know that really, you shouldn't post 'free to a good home' ads, as you can't guarantee a good home will be found - but is it wrong to respond to these ads too?

I know i could give some bunnies a very good home, but don't really like to support this kind of advertising.

what do you think?

nickschick Sat 17-Sep-11 18:47:42

We got our gorgeous dog from a free ad - he'd had 5 homes in the 15 short weeks he wasnt with us.

weve had him nearly 4 years and hes fab grin.

MotherPanda Sat 17-Sep-11 18:52:37

awww poor puppy- the last rabbit i adopted was through pets at homes support adoption charity, the owners gave her up as she was poorly sad

I hate all the excuses they put in the ads 'need the space', 'due to new baby' 'work commitments' all mean 'can't be bothered' but at least they aren't leaving the pets neglected.

i think i will respond and ask for more info...

JohnnyRod Sat 08-Oct-11 23:36:20

hope you found a nice bun. Really it's fine IMHO to respond, these animals could end up in the rescue homes or worse otherwise, "free to good home" means "please!!!!!!". If they were breeders they'd be after your money.

silver73 Sat 15-Oct-11 13:58:39

I got two of my piggies that way and I knew I'd give them a fab home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now