Talk

Advanced search

hubby and I having first major difference in opinion!

(4 Posts)
purlease Thu 09-Jun-11 21:51:40

My husband is keen to get a chinchilla for our 6 year old daughter. We also have a 2 year old son.

I'm not taken by the whole idea as we are both working full time.

DD is not hassling us - she doesn't ask for much. It is DH that appears to be set on the idea.

My objections are that we're not around during the day, DD not that pushed and we have not got a lot of room in the house. I also have an expectation that they could smell - I could be wrong.

Anyone out there with a chinchilla that can convince me that I should give in or give me a good argument for why I shouldn't?

pooka Thu 09-Jun-11 21:54:39

God no!

If your dd isn't that bothered, why on earth would you get a pet that you're not that bothered about?

I'd say to your dh that maybe when she's nearer 8 and if she expresses an interest, she may be of an age where should could take responsibility for a pet, including its' care.

purlease Thu 09-Jun-11 21:58:34

I gave the "too young" argument! I have no idea why he is so set on the idea.

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jun-11 22:02:25

ig HE wants a chinchilla then let him have one.

as long as he is willing to do all that is involved with it, cos your DD won't if she doesn't evenw ant the thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now