Talk

Advanced search

Moving house with two rabbits.

(2 Posts)
fourstickymitts Sat 21-May-11 14:35:32

We?re about to move house from one end of the country to another and have 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 bunnies to move. There is no way that they can all travel together ? total recipe for disaster! Our original thought was to move the bunnies first and leave them with my mother, but she has unfortunately broken her ankle recently and is going to be mostly off her feet for the next 6 weeks.

Plan number two is to put the bunnies into bunny boarding, where they are kept in indoor cages for a month. Our bunnies are outside bunnies and they have a huge double hutch and run. I?ve looked at the bunny cages on ebay and they seem awfully small compared to what they are used to. I was wondering if a dog crate (the type with a plastic tray in the bottom) might be a better option? The bunny boarding place don?t seem to mind whether I provide an indoor cage, or dog crate, or hire one of their cages. confused

Now I know that I might being a bit precious about them being in an indoor cage, and that it?s only for a month, etc, but the dog crates just seemed to do the same job, while offering them more space. Does anyone have any thoughts?

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 08-Jun-11 18:42:46

We boarded two of our rabbits when we moved, and they had to go into a smaller hutch. We had no trouble (except that the owner put them in a hutch facing another pair of rabbits, which my girl did NOT like at all!).
Alternatively, if it's just the actual tranportation you're struggling with, what about a pet transport company? I just googled "Pet Transportation Services UK and loads came up.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now