Talk

Advanced search

What's the best clicker training book?

(2 Posts)
BobLoblaw Tue 17-May-11 12:28:33

I have a collieXkelpie and collieXhuntaway, they've both learnt the basic sit, paw, high five, lie down, roll over and now both have very good recall, Penny's stay is excellent, Oscar is getting there. The agility class we went to last year isn't running so I wanted something else to keep them occupied, they get a lot of exercise but need mental stimulation too I think.

I ordered a clicker which came with a "book" but it is about 8 pages long and doesn't tell me much and I'm hoping someone can recommend a good guide smile

ResurrectionByChocolate Thu 23-Jun-11 21:30:01

You can get all the information you need about clicker training from the internet. Look for Karen Pryor. Basically all you need to know is 'click then treat' when the desired behaviour happens. You may need to mould or shape the behaviour, clicking and treating approximations towards it. I have dispensed with a clicker, using my mouth to click instead. It's more under my control, always with me, and leaves my hands free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now