Talk

Advanced search

Come Raise a glass to all the much loved pets we've lost this year.

(14 Posts)
LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Fri 31-Dec-10 22:42:23

I'm raising a glass to 'Midnight' my beloved cat who spent 17.5 years with me.

And 'Hot Cross' - my lovely bunny who died aged 12.

Bless you both for your company smile

Who do you want to remember this evening?

Aonach Fri 31-Dec-10 22:49:08

I raise a glass to our beloved house bunnies Pippin and Merry that we lost in March, just weeks apart as Merry just couldn't live without her Pip.

You ain't no body till some bunny loves you!

Miss them loads.

Vallhala Fri 31-Dec-10 23:06:30

To all those we couldn't save in dog pounds across the country... I'm so sorry, it wasn't for lack of want or love.

Whenever I commit to rescuing a dog he becomes mine until he is placed safely in a home or a rescue as I will fight for him as I would my own. Those who I fought to save and couldn't over the years, those who owners PTS and pounds condemned to the vet's needle, will stay mine forevermore, every one of them. That way not one leaves this earth unloved.

Run free my boys and girls.

Monkeytoo Fri 31-Dec-10 23:08:27

My little cat Maisie who should have been flying over to us after finishing her quarantine in the US - she died unexpectedly and suddenly of kidney failure three days ago

IlsaLund Fri 31-Dec-10 23:09:27

2 beautiful cats, one died in March aged 17+ and one in June in a traffic accident. She was only two.

My beloved mastiff who was pts a month ago as she had cancer. The house is empty without her, she was the sweetest kindest dog we have ever owned.

Much missed.

Doodlez Fri 31-Dec-10 23:10:14

To Minstral - my 22 year old cat. It was time. x

IlsaLund Fri 31-Dec-10 23:10:48

Vallhalla, your post made me cry. What a lovely person you are.

moosemama Sat 01-Jan-11 21:16:06

I am very late, but wanted to raise a glass to my beautiful girl (13 1/2 yr old SCWT) who we lost two days before Christmas. We had a few more weeks than expected with her and I will always be grateful for that.

There's a big hole in my heart and a horrible space under the kitchen table, but at least you are at peace and not in pain anymore. You fought long and hard my girl, but you had had enough and I knew I had to let you go. Hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.

I know you'll be with me on the beach in Ireland next summer though, along with your old mate Jake, who's been waiting on the sand dunes for you all these years.

Vallhala Sat 01-Jan-11 22:17:37

Oh Moose, that's so sad and yet so lovely of you.

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, am I right?

nickschick Sat 01-Jan-11 22:19:49

Bugsy our rabbit who died far to early at Easter sad

moosemama Sat 01-Jan-11 22:58:00

Yes Vallhala, she was a beautiful, clever Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier and responsible for teaching me such a lot about dogs and dog training. I was on here a few weeks back, when we thought the end had come, but she surprised us all and we had a little longer together. Lots of it spent with me sitting under the kitchen table with her.

The other two are a bit lost without her - she was the matriarch. Our poor lurcher doesn't seem to know what to do with himself and yet to watch them, you would have thought he barely knew she existed. That said, he knew bless him. In the last couple of days he kept getting into her basket with her and resting his head on her ever so gently.

I'm a bit teary about it all tonight. First time I've been on my own for longer than five minutes all holiday.

nickschick, I'll raise a glass to Bugsy for you as well. sad

silver73 Mon 03-Jan-11 15:47:30

What a lovely bitter sweet post. Only just seen it - don't like the pets section split up like this.

I'd like to remember my darling little mini pig that died at only 2.5 years old. She broke my heart.

DooinMeCleanin Mon 03-Jan-11 16:00:26

Cujo and Bess my families much loved Akita and black lab.

Cujo, you were my dog. My giant teddy bear. We didn't see eye to eye at first. I know that. All you wanted was my attention and love but I pushed you away because I missed my GSD too much.

It didn't take long for you to win my heart though, with your big brown eyes and bear like paws, your sheer intelligence floored me at times. After you stopped that other dog attacking me, that was it. You were mine.

And Bessie, the living hoover and cuddle magnet. Never have I known a dog as loving and gentle as you were. I'm so glad you 'failed' as gundog and came to live with us. Give Shera a big kiss from me Bessie, I know you two would have gotten on like a house on fire.

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Tue 04-Jan-11 23:33:20

Glass raised to Milo...my poor moggy who was knocked down and killed aged 8 months.

To Oscar, who has been missing since 17th October.

To Jasper, who has been missing since 2oth December.

To all those in the pounds who lost their lives through no fault of their own. How I wish I could take every single one of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now