Help a desperate and heartbroken family

(8 Posts)
qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 07:15:52

You may have seen their story which was covered by the BBC and Channel 4 News yesterday. Utterly heartbreaking.

Please sign their petition and please share it.

http://chng.it/HpMq6LdZD6

Hoping link will work. If there any problems, the petition is at Change.org under the name of Anoosheh Ashoori.

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
user1480880826 Sat 28-Sep-19 07:17:30

You need to give a bit more info if you want people to click on a random link.

qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 08:31:21

This is taken from Change.org website where the petition which only started 3 days ago is sky rocketing given yesterday's media coverage about this unspeakable injustice.

"Bring my husband Anoosheh Ashoori home #FreeAnoosheh

Shahrzad Izadi Benamstarted this petition toBoris Johnson PMand3 others

My husband Anoosheh Ashoori was arrested while visiting his 86-year-old mother in Iran; a trip he had made from our home in the UK many times before. He is 65, a retired engineer with a passion for science, space, and civil engineering.

He has never been involved in any political activity but has been sentenced to 12 years in Evin Prison for spying for Israel. His life-long interest has been to come up with innovations to build safer earth-quake resistant homes, for which he won an award. He has never held any government posts or been privy to any state secrets. I believehe is being used as a bargaining chipin negotiations between the UK and Iran - sacrificed for a being a British/Iranian dual national.

He is a peaceful, conscientious, kind, and upright husband and father, who wanted to build a 'hobbit hole' in the garden for his wife, and a macaron machine to help his daughter's business. But instead of being with his family,he is languishing in a notorious prison on bogus charges.

His trial in Iran was a farce, his lawyers were rejected, and he was ultimately forced to represent himself. His appeal has also been denied without a shred of evidence to support the accusation against him.

I am calling on the Iranian authorities to free my husband and for the UK Government to do everything in its power to bring my husband home.Please help to clear his good name and bring him back to his family by signing this petition."

Thank you so much for reading.

·

qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 08:50:33

And thank you User for stating the obvious which I had overlooked. Doh! Grateful. smile

qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 11:24:24

These are the faces of those behind the words above: the Ashoori family.

SillyBillyBandy Sat 28-Sep-19 12:20:05

I've signed.

qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 12:28:40

Silly Billy thanks so much. Greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Advertisement

qwert1 Sat 28-Sep-19 14:45:14

Just bumping for traffic. Please sign and share. Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in