Talk

Advanced search

Keep the e-bluey link in the UK Military

(10 Posts)
welshmist Mon 20-Mar-17 18:53:22

I am hoping petitions are allowed on here.
*As a former serving member it saddens me to read that they plan on scrapping the e-bluey. I for one relied heavily on these while I was deployed anywhere. A friend of mine has started a petition to to stop them from stopping our e-blueys.
If you could spare a minute or so to help and sign the petition, I'd be forever grateful*

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/190041

welshmist Mon 20-Mar-17 18:55:06

Some details on how an e-bluey works and is used.

www.ebluey.com/BFPO/help.cfm?id=642

TheHauntedFishtank Mon 20-Mar-17 18:55:42

Signed and bumped

HillysChair Mon 20-Mar-17 18:56:49

Ahhh totally off topic but do they still do the traditional blueys?

Remember my mum sending me off to the post office to pick them up when my dad was away!

welshmist Mon 20-Mar-17 19:04:13

As far as I know, no Hillyschair, it is electronic. It is such an important thing when you are far from home for family and friends to keep in touch reminding you of normal everyday events.

welshmist Mon 20-Mar-17 19:04:55

Thank you Haunted smile

ShowOfHands Mon 20-Mar-17 21:27:54

DH is deployed atm. I send regular blueys all the time Hillys.

RJnomore1 Mon 20-Mar-17 21:31:30

Signed. Such a small thing that means so much.

TwattyMcTwatface Mon 20-Mar-17 21:36:56

The figures on how the use has dwindled are quite illuminating, though - I can see, in a time of cuts, why they'd rather pour resources into improving wi fi access etc. You can still get the regular blueys, I think - though barely anyone uses those either - presumably as it's less cost to administer.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Mar-17 10:22:42

Hello!

grin

We're just sending this over to our petitions topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now