Talk

Advanced search

School funding

(6 Posts)
LyndaLaHughes Fri 10-Mar-17 13:50:25

Not sure where best to post this but this petition really needs to get over 100,000 signatures to trigger a debate. The funding situation in schools is already dire.
Every parent should be fighting this tooth and nail. I'm shocked at how many parents are absolutely unaware of the implications of this. Check the school cuts website to see how much Monday and how many teachers will need to be lost from your child's school. We don't need money spent on free schools and new grammar schools. Instead we need to fund existing schools properly as budgets are already cut to the bone. Please sign!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/182705

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Mar-17 18:35:24

Hi there OP,

We're just going to send this over to our petitions topic.

LyndaLaHughes Fri 10-Mar-17 20:50:25

Ooh I didn't even know there was one! Thank you.

yomellamoHelly Sun 12-Mar-17 16:39:55

Signed. Whole thing makes me sick. My three kids school have each lost a sizeable chink of money. Each at least two teachers worth of funding. Who's winning in all of this if the investment has actually increased?

LyndaLaHughes Sun 12-Mar-17 20:38:39

I'm not sure how best to get this out there. We need a debate triggered yet numbers are too low.

TheRollingCrone Sun 12-Mar-17 20:43:00

Signed. Only these bunch of clowns that pass for Government would see Education as spending and not investment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now