Talk

Advanced search

Please sign this -protect our NHS from being sold USA/Trump

(9 Posts)
bkgirl Fri 27-Jan-17 01:22:33

The NHS is vital to us all, it doesn't matter if you are tory, labour, green, probrexit, anti brexit.
Please sign this petition and spread it far and wide. Let Theresa May know we ALL are against her privatising our NHS.
( I saw a bill for 80k for someone in the US to get a broken ankle fixed. sad )
actions.sumofus.org/a/protect-the-nhs-from-brexit-trade-deals/?akid=27027.837771.-sjRZe&rd=1&source=fwd&t=1
PS Any journos reading this, please note Philip May (Theresa's hubby)works for Capital Group - look at Amgen Inc (biotech & pharmaceuticals), Federal prosecutors accused the company of pursuing profits while putting patients at risk in 2012

bkgirl Fri 27-Jan-17 01:37:38

Do we really want this in the UK for future generations?

stuckinny Fri 27-Jan-17 02:42:07

Saving the NHS has to be a priority. As someone who is using the US system I can honestly say it's not something you want. I'd take the NHS any day.

lljkk Fri 27-Jan-17 07:09:50

I don't want hormone-fed meat or GM produce in my supermarket, the new trade deal would be mostly about agriculture & digital services. Irk.

PotteringAlong Fri 27-Jan-17 07:13:21

How is the NHS being sold to Donald Trump? Why does he want to buy it?

Celaena Fri 27-Jan-17 07:14:29

Trump? Why?

reallyanotherone Fri 27-Jan-17 07:20:35

The nhs has been slowly privatised for years. Slowly, subtly, without people realising.

15 years ago when i left the trick was to convince workers to set up their own private companies and rehire themselves back to their wards.

The plan was to give an nhs trust a budget, and they bought the private companies services, rather than have their own staff.

Petitions like this are too little, too late.

JennyOnAPlate Fri 27-Jan-17 07:22:14

I would get moved to chat op...more people will see it.

OddBoots Fri 27-Jan-17 07:23:17

reallyanotherone - I agree with most of your post apart from it being too late. A lot has happened to break our NHS but it is fixable (hard work, but possible) - if this goes through it will be the final straw, except the straw is a sledgehammer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now