Talk

Advanced search

we lost our daughter to childhood cancer, please sign this petition

(14 Posts)
SupportUs Wed 07-Sep-16 14:23:17

we're half way there! it would be a massive help

childhood cancer only gets 4% funding, it makes it incredibly difficult to ever find life saving treatments.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/162934

thank you

QuizteamBleakley Wed 07-Sep-16 14:25:24

My dear friends lost their beautiful boy to neuroblastoma (a childhood cancer). You have my every sympathy and I have signed and will share. flowers

SwichL10 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:40:21

So sorry flowers

PinkSnowAndStars Wed 07-Sep-16 15:09:46

I've signed it.

Sorry for you loss x

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 07-Sep-16 15:11:22

I've signed.

So sorry for your loss.

I've signed.

ophiotaurus Wed 07-Sep-16 15:20:57

I've signed flowers

Puddleduckthe2nd Wed 07-Sep-16 15:21:32

Sorry for your loss.

Signed

ImsotiredImsotired Wed 07-Sep-16 15:21:59

Signed flowers

ineedwine99 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:23:51

Signed
So sorry for your loss flowers

reallyanotherone Wed 07-Sep-16 15:29:20

Sorry for your loss.

When you say you want "the government and the nhs" to fund "more research and genetic testing" do you have a proposal on how this would be carried out?

I work in cancer research and we are generally funded by charities like the mrc, cruk, etc, or by big pharma companies. Not the nhs or government.

Do you know what research and testing you want done? Are there any adult programmes you could piggy back on?

Biochemically speaking, a tumour is a tumour, and there's not much difference between adults and children. Where the differences do kick in treatments- only it's very difficult to get testing of such toxic treatments done in children.

Not having a go or dissing your petition, I just think it's very vague, and if you had an actual plan for any money designated to childhood cancer you may have a greater chance of securing funding...

NobShine Wed 07-Sep-16 15:40:32

Signed.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Sep-16 15:43:46

Hi all flowers

OP, we're sorry for your loss and we're sorry to burst in like this.

We're going to send this over to the petitions topic as we think it belongs there.

OP - we'll be sending you a mail shortly!

BeyondASpecialSnowflake Wed 07-Sep-16 15:45:34

I am sorry for your loss.

I also cannot sign. As well as the issue as to where the funding comes from, I was under the impression that childhood cancer is rare. Which I imagine is why it only receives 4% of funding? What is the % of morbidity/mortality of other cancers in comparison for eg?

I do not for a second think that you shouldn't campaign for more research, I just would like more details to add my support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now