Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Terrible case of British woman jailed in Iran without her daughter

(8 Posts)
NewIdeasToday Sat 25-Jun-16 09:26:50

This is a really shocking case of a British charity worker jailed in Iran. Her young daughter is with family in Iran after her passport was confiscated. And it sounds like our Government aren't doing much to help.

Guardian article
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/25/nazanin-zaghari-richard-ratcliffe-iran-imprisoned

And petition if you would like to sign it and support this family
https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-free-nazanin-ratcliffe

NewIdeasToday Sat 25-Jun-16 09:27:42

Sorry my links haven't worked - not sure how to do this.

Tate15 Sat 25-Jun-16 09:28:52

It's already been discussed on here and was moved to petitions.

Tate15 Sat 25-Jun-16 09:30:18

www.mumsnet.com/search?query=Nazanin

Tate15 Sat 25-Jun-16 09:33:45

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/12/british-mother-nazanin-ratcliffe-held-prisoner-in-iran-allowed-t/

According to that she has been able to see her parents and daughter

NeedACleverNN Sat 25-Jun-16 09:35:22

I have seen and I have signed.
Does anyone know why she was actually arrested in the first place? I have yet to see the reason

Tate15 Sat 25-Jun-16 09:36:02

This is the latest I could find in why they have detained her

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/15/british-mother-nazanin-ratcliffe-accused-of-plotting-to-overthro/

NeedACleverNN Sat 25-Jun-16 09:39:56

I suppose if it turns out she was a spy, it would've been a good reason to detain her but as of yet they really don't have any evidence. It's all speculation. It's shocking how they are treating it really and I'm surprised our government are not getting involved. It does make her look more guilty by our government not getting involved really doesn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now