Talk

Advanced search

Attendance letters

(1 Post)
Rowenbrew Thu 19-May-16 18:51:00

My husband recently went to advocate for a single mother who had received a letter threatening a huge fine and or jail as her son had missed five days of school in this teem. We found out that the letters are sent out by Babcock, they have the contract in Devon to send out these letters and send their representatives to the meetings where parents and children are scared witless. Babcock are arms manufacturers. We are trying to get them to stop sending out these letters in the first instance and then ask the council to not renew it's contract with them when it runs out. Here is our petition, there is a copy of the letter that is sent out there, I would be very grateful if anyone would have a read and if in agreement sign this petition and get the word out. I am sorry if this is not the right place to share this but it has made me feel deeply sad and I really feel strongly that arms manufacturers have no place having any involvement in my child's school.
you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/devon-county-council-get-weapons-manufacturers-out-of-education

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now