Talk

Advanced search

Failure to pay child maintenance is a gender issue.

(9 Posts)
CreviceImp Thu 07-Apr-16 20:00:18

Please lend your support to my petition
petition.parliament.uk/petitions/126895
I am trying to get this issue off the ground because nobody is discussing it or petitioning for change that I can find.

Since the last figures I could find suggest 95.2% of parents that approach the child support agency are female this is a massively gendered issue. I have made note of that in the petition details. Please share too.

CreviceImp Fri 08-Apr-16 08:43:44

Bump for today. Please lend your support and share.

Fabellini Fri 08-Apr-16 08:47:20

Dps ex is on the verge of having her wages arrested due to her her complete refusal to pay child maintenance for their dc who lives full time with him. She sees dc rarely and has no interest in their education....never attends parents evening etc. There are no alcohol or drugs issues, just doesn't care. She's not s man though.

CreviceImp Fri 08-Apr-16 09:26:43

Statistically she is rare amongst the shitbags who neglect their children.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 08-Apr-16 10:26:54

Hi, we're moving this over to our Petitions topic now. (Sorry, but those are the rules).

squashtastic Fri 08-Apr-16 19:09:29

Only 8% of single parents are dads, and they are twice as likely to be single parents due to being widowed. Unsurprising that the majority of non payers will be men and that single mothers are going to get screwed over.

CreviceImp Fri 08-Apr-16 19:35:20

95.2% of parents who have had to approach the child support agency (insert current moniker) in order to acces their legal right for child maintenance are female.

Latest figures indicate that 4 billion is owed in child maintenance arrears and that is thought to be a conservative estimate.

Babynamechange Fri 08-Apr-16 20:35:10

Signed and I'll share on Facebook too xx
Really hope it gets somewhere

CreviceImp Fri 08-Apr-16 22:47:51

Thank-you. That is incredibly helpful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now