Talk

Advanced search

Shut down Roosh V meetings in England - please take a look.

(27 Posts)
Dumdedumdedum Wed 03-Feb-16 09:02:44

you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-roosh-v-supporters-meeting-in-the-uk
You'll find it all in the link. I don't need to add anything, but would be grateful if you would sign and spread the word. Thank you.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 03-Feb-16 09:04:42

For those not willing to click: he's similar to that slime ball pick up artist (Julien Blanc, was it?), promoting male dominance and failing to understand the concept of consent.

Dumdedumdedum Wed 03-Feb-16 09:21:47

Thanks for explaining so well, honeysucklejasmine, you're right, it was Julien Blanc - I'm having trouble believing there's more than one of these expletives deleted with high profiles.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 03-Feb-16 09:40:15

The worst thing is that there's a market for them! Who are these sad little men?

MagentaMars Wed 03-Feb-16 10:09:38

I've signed. There is also this petition on change.org.

www.change.org/p/police-scotland-home-office-prevent-pro-rape-rooshv-events-in-the-uk?recruiter=72254340&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Wed 03-Feb-16 10:17:04

Signed. Why do people like this even exist?
Rape should be Legal in private residences? WTAF?

He is coming to Ireland too. I'm going to start a petition. Where is from? Can he be prevented from coming into the country?

PaleBlueDottie Wed 03-Feb-16 10:22:40

What a plonker.

Consent is achieved when the threshold is crossed. WTF.

Disgusting person. 165 meetings in 40 odd countries - did I read that right? How many of these idiots are breathing the same air as us.

Tartyflette Wed 03-Feb-16 10:24:37

Signed. How can he be allowed to enter Britain when what he is advocating is already AGAINST THE LAW! And he is encouraginb men to commit crimes.

Dumdedumdedum Wed 03-Feb-16 11:33:08

It seems ambiguous, am not sure the man himself will be entering the UK, but he is encouraging his supporters to gather in his name to spread the word. Bad enough.

SignoraStronza Wed 03-Feb-16 18:00:46

I've signed the petition with Change.org, but will have a look at the one you've mentioned too. Disgusting inadequate scumbag.

Dumdedumdedum Thu 04-Feb-16 15:44:51

Well, thank you for taking an interest, something has had an effect: www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/feb/04/daryush-roosh-v-valizadeh-cancels-neo-masculinist-meetings-over-safety

venusinscorpio Thu 04-Feb-16 15:50:32

I very much doubt he has. Either he hasn't actually cancelled them, or he never intended to hold them in the first place. He's an attention seeking little twat, but he knows people don't feel they can let his comments go unchallenged. I expect it is all a publicity stunt to make himself a martyr for rapey men and claim that his free speech has been censored. And the sad saps who follow him will no doubt lap that up.

Dumdedumdedum Thu 04-Feb-16 15:58:39

Do you think? Can it be free speech if the speech is incitement to violence?

venusinscorpio Thu 04-Feb-16 16:10:18

I don't think so. But people of that mentality do.

AdjustableWench Fri 05-Feb-16 14:35:42

Apparently he's now complaining that Anonymous have published details about his family: "Whatever I've done in life, they don't deserve to be harassed or harmed."

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/roosh-v-claims-his-family-s-address-was-doxxed-by-online-activists-after-cancelling-pick-up-meetings-a6855046.html

So it's ok for him and his followers to harass and harm women, but it's not ok for his family to be on the receiving end of harassment or harm. Interesting.

Namechanger2015 Fri 05-Feb-16 14:44:29

Signed. Disgusting man, scary that he can exist in 2016.

lorelei9 Fri 05-Feb-16 14:54:44

I reckon his next move, publicity wise, will be converting to Islam and claiming religious discrimination or some such. Hasn't he already said that ancient Islamic teachings can teach women a lot?

I refuse to look this up because I don't want to give him the attention. He did appear in the Reggie Yates programme about misogyny and tried to claim his rape on private property thing was satire.

lorelei9 Fri 05-Feb-16 14:56:53

In the documentary, someone, was it that Milo guy, tried to say that the threats against Stella Creasy and Cariline CP should not have been reported to the police. I wonder what he thinks about threats to Roosh V's family?

venusinscorpio Fri 05-Feb-16 15:41:51

He is a self-confessed rapist. He says in his book "Bang Iceland" that he raped a woman in Iceland when she was too drunk to consent. He says it wasn't considered rape there as it would be in the US, but apparently he's wrong, and it is.

I don't agree with doxxing, as its often used against innocent people to scare them into shutting up but it bears pointing out that the only reason his family's address has been released is because he apparently lives in his mum's basement so it is his home address. No comment needed.

lorelei9 Fri 05-Feb-16 16:14:22

Venus, I think he took refuge in his parents' basement, I don't think it's his permanent address.

I wonder what his family think of him?!

venusinscorpio Fri 05-Feb-16 16:22:37

That Independent article says he shares a home with his mother. I'm just going by that. You may well be privy to other info, I am just going on the article linked a few posts up.

HelpfulChap Fri 05-Feb-16 16:30:48

Signed

IloveCheese11 Fri 05-Feb-16 16:37:13

Go Anonymous. I said on a previous thread I thought this would be up their street.

lorelei9 Fri 05-Feb-16 18:12:03

I might have old info and tbh I do get these types mixed up
For a while I thought Julien Blanc was the same as the Milo guy? Obv I just can't keep track of these guys

It would be funny if he really did live in his folks basement grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now