Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to help prevent more children dying.....

(14 Posts)
PurpleTurtles Fri 14-Aug-15 14:16:17

....by signing this petition?
I hope we can hold to account the man who is responsible for the deaths of 495 children in the war (if it can be called that)in Gaza last year and he should be arrested for war crimes when he comes to UK next month?

Netanyahu killed 2200 people, 1462 were civilians, 495 of whom were children.

A third of them were children.

His justice minister called for the death of Palestinian children and has referred to them as 'little snakes' who should be killed.

A report by United Nations Human Rights Council states regarding Israeli forces in Gaza that “impunity prevails across the board” and it called on Israel to “break with its recent lamentable track record in holding wrongdoers accountable.”

The report states "the scale of the devastation was unprecedented and will impact generations to come".

That means more children to suffer, more born into such suffering and more suffering to come. Please sign this petition to hold Netanyahu to account. Every child should matter. Let's not stay silent on the blood bath that occurred last year, not forgetting the Palestinian baby burnt to death just last month. His father has died too, his mother and 4 year old brother are still fighting for their lives. Arson attack on Palestinians continue.

the petition is here it has over 53000 signatures. Please tell Netanyahu that the world will not silently watch Palestinian children being killed by him and his army. This man is coming to the UK next month.

TIA

MardyBra Fri 14-Aug-15 14:18:03

Spam reported

PurpleTurtles Fri 14-Aug-15 14:32:15

Why is this considered spam? confused

PurpleTurtles Fri 14-Aug-15 14:33:33

I have seen petitions on here before, so am confused why this is an issue?

CallMeExhausted Fri 14-Aug-15 14:46:41

Petitions belong in the petitions section, not AIBU.

PurpleTurtles Fri 14-Aug-15 15:04:05

Oh ok. I used aibu for more traffic but will ask mn to move it to petitions if it not allowed in aibu.

MaidOfStars Fri 14-Aug-15 15:06:40

I have NEVER been to the Petitions board but have seen more than my fair share on this site. They can therefore only be on AIBU or Chat.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 14-Aug-15 15:10:19

There are always LOADS of petitions about things. Why is this one different?

FWIW both sides in this conflict haven't covered themselves in glory but the proportion of the dead who are children on the Palestinian side has always been horrifying.

iamaboveandBeyond Fri 14-Aug-15 15:10:29

Everyone starts them here (or chat) for traffic, then they get moved to "the right place" and promptly ignored. So i can see why they do it

Purpleturtles Fri 14-Aug-15 15:18:13

Thank you everyone for clarifying. Will leave this here if anyone wishes to sign. Just feel so helpless and dont want to see anymore of those children killed. They have a tragic enough life as it is.

Bambambini Fri 14-Aug-15 15:18:22

What about Hamas? I am happy for Bibi to be put in the spotlight and possibly face investigations into his overzealous response to Gaza and his aggresive and antagonistic policies.

But, Will you be including a petition against Hamas for diverting aid and using funds (to help their own people) to build tunnels to attack Israel and innocent citizens and funding countless rockets being fired into Israel, at israeli citizens?

Purpleturtles Fri 14-Aug-15 15:21:01

Bambam, a child is a child, regardless of whether Israeli or Palestinian.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Aug-15 15:24:12

Hello OP, we are just going to move this to petitions.

Purpleturtles Fri 14-Aug-15 15:35:55

beckyMN, can you leave it here for a little longer for more traffc please? People dont tend to look at petitions section but will look and sign on aibu hopefully?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now